Homeland Security chief seeks to repeal Real ID Act:
"Homeland Security chief seeks to repeal Real ID Act
April 23, 2009
A post-9/11 law that sets federal standards for state driver’s licenses and identification cards is under fire from the head of the agency enforcing that law, the Department of Homeland Security.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano this week said she is working with governors to repeal the Real ID Act, which was passed in 2005 and went into effect last year.
The bill is popular in Washington, but is scorned by many governors who bear the responsibility and cost of validating that holders of driver’s licenses are citizens or legal residents of the United States.
Napolitano, former governor of Arizona, said she has met with governors of both parties recently “to look at a way to repeal Real ID.” She said she wants to substitute the federal law with “something else that pivots off of the driver’s license but accomplishes some of the same goals. And we hope to be able to announce something on that fairly soon.”
Read entire article"
I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas. - Ron Paul / Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy. - Ron Paul / EPHESIANS 6:12 KJV
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Member of UAE Royal Family Tortures Man
Member of UAE Royal Family Tortures Man:
"A video tape smuggled out of the United Arab Emirates shows a member of the country’s royal family mercilessly torturing a man with whips, electric cattle prods and wooden planks with protruding nails.
A man in a UAE police uniform is seen on the tape tying the victim’s arms and legs, and later holding him down as the Sheikh pours salt on the man’s wounds and then drives over him with his Mercedes SUV."
WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A video tape smuggled out of the United Arab Emirates shows a member of the country’s royal family mercilessly torturing a man with whips, electric cattle prods and wooden planks with protruding nails.
A man in a UAE police uniform is seen on the tape tying the victim’s arms and legs, and later holding him down as the Sheikh pours salt on the man’s wounds and then drives over him with his Mercedes SUV."
WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Gates may recommend new ‘Cyber Command’
Gates may recommend new ‘Cyber Command’: "Gates may recommend new ‘Cyber Command’
NBC News
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
While no final decisions have been made, Defense Secretary Robert Gates is expected to recommend the creation of a new military command to face the growing threat from cyber warfare, a senior U.S. official told NBC News on Tuesday.
According to the official, the program would not be on the level of a separate combatant command. Instead, the likely recommendation would be to create a “sub-unified command” that would focus entirely on combating cyber warfare but exist under the current Strategic Command.
A senior Pentagon official revealed that cyber attacks against military computer networks have “increased significantly … more than doubled” in the past six months. The attacks were said to include “thousands of probes a day” against Web sites associated with the Defense Department.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES)
NBC News
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
While no final decisions have been made, Defense Secretary Robert Gates is expected to recommend the creation of a new military command to face the growing threat from cyber warfare, a senior U.S. official told NBC News on Tuesday.
According to the official, the program would not be on the level of a separate combatant command. Instead, the likely recommendation would be to create a “sub-unified command” that would focus entirely on combating cyber warfare but exist under the current Strategic Command.
A senior Pentagon official revealed that cyber attacks against military computer networks have “increased significantly … more than doubled” in the past six months. The attacks were said to include “thousands of probes a day” against Web sites associated with the Defense Department.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES)
I’ve cloned a human: Extraordinary claims of a doctor who ‘has implanted embryos into four women’
I’ve cloned a human: Extraordinary claims of a doctor who ‘has implanted embryos into four women’: "I’ve cloned a human: Extraordinary claims of a doctor who ‘has implanted embryos into four women’
Fay Schlesinger
UK Daily Mail
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
A controversial doctor has claimed to have cloned human embryos and transferred them to four women prepared to give birth to the first cloned babies.
Fertility specialist Panayiotis Zavos sensationally broke the sacred taboo of human individuality by cloning 14 embryos and placing 11 of them into the wombs of four women, he told The Independent.
A British woman was alleged to be among the one single and three married patients who were said to be happy to become pregnant with the first cloned embryos specifically created for the purpose of human reproduction.
The other women came from the United States and an unidentified country in the Middle East.
A documentary-maker told The Independent that he filmed the process as evidence that cloning took place, with the consent of the women."
Fay Schlesinger
UK Daily Mail
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
A controversial doctor has claimed to have cloned human embryos and transferred them to four women prepared to give birth to the first cloned babies.
Fertility specialist Panayiotis Zavos sensationally broke the sacred taboo of human individuality by cloning 14 embryos and placing 11 of them into the wombs of four women, he told The Independent.
A British woman was alleged to be among the one single and three married patients who were said to be happy to become pregnant with the first cloned embryos specifically created for the purpose of human reproduction.
The other women came from the United States and an unidentified country in the Middle East.
A documentary-maker told The Independent that he filmed the process as evidence that cloning took place, with the consent of the women."
NLE 09: FEMA Takes Preparations for Martial Law to the Next Level
NLE 09: FEMA Takes Preparations for Martial Law to the Next Level:
"NLE 09: FEMA Takes Preparations for Martial Law to the Next Level
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars
April 21, 2009
FEMA is preparing to take its martial law exercises to the next level this July. According to a factsheet buried on the FEMA website, the agency will host National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09) on July 27 through July 31, 2009.
“NLE 09 will be the first major exercise conducted by the United States government that will focus exclusively on terrorism prevention and protection, as opposed to incident response and recovery,” the factsheet states. It is designated as a Tier I National Level Exercise, or TOPOFF, which are exercises conducted annually in accordance with the National Exercise Program (NEP), “which serves as the nation’s overarching exercise program for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating national level exercises,” according to FEMA.
NLE 09 “will focus on intelligence and information sharing among intelligence and law enforcement communities, and between international, federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector participants” in the “aftermath of a notional terrorist event outside of the United States.” So-called “exercise play” will concentrate on “preventing subsequent efforts by the terrorists to enter the United States and carry out additional attacks.”"
"NLE 09: FEMA Takes Preparations for Martial Law to the Next Level
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars
April 21, 2009
FEMA is preparing to take its martial law exercises to the next level this July. According to a factsheet buried on the FEMA website, the agency will host National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09) on July 27 through July 31, 2009.
“NLE 09 will be the first major exercise conducted by the United States government that will focus exclusively on terrorism prevention and protection, as opposed to incident response and recovery,” the factsheet states. It is designated as a Tier I National Level Exercise, or TOPOFF, which are exercises conducted annually in accordance with the National Exercise Program (NEP), “which serves as the nation’s overarching exercise program for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating national level exercises,” according to FEMA.
NLE 09 “will focus on intelligence and information sharing among intelligence and law enforcement communities, and between international, federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector participants” in the “aftermath of a notional terrorist event outside of the United States.” So-called “exercise play” will concentrate on “preventing subsequent efforts by the terrorists to enter the United States and carry out additional attacks.”"
EU nations eye prosecution of Bush officials
EU nations eye prosecution of Bush officials: "EU nations eye prosecution of Bush officials
Press TV
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
European officials and lawyers seek to criminalize former US officials over torture charges amid the reluctance of President Barack Obama.
A number of European authorities and human rights groups have expressed dissatisfaction with Obama’s failure to press charges against ex-CIA authorities who sanctioned or administered the so-called ‘enhanced interrogation methods’ to terror suspects, saying that they will make an effort to delve into the torture case under a “universal jurisdiction” code.
Civil rights campaigners say the legal code adopted by some EU countries, authorizes lawyers across the globe to file lawsuits against war criminals, perpetrators of genocides and other human rights offenses, regardless of their country of residence.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)"
Press TV
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
European officials and lawyers seek to criminalize former US officials over torture charges amid the reluctance of President Barack Obama.
A number of European authorities and human rights groups have expressed dissatisfaction with Obama’s failure to press charges against ex-CIA authorities who sanctioned or administered the so-called ‘enhanced interrogation methods’ to terror suspects, saying that they will make an effort to delve into the torture case under a “universal jurisdiction” code.
Civil rights campaigners say the legal code adopted by some EU countries, authorizes lawyers across the globe to file lawsuits against war criminals, perpetrators of genocides and other human rights offenses, regardless of their country of residence.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)"
Slash population to save the world: green lobbyist
Slash population to save the world: green lobbyist:
"Slash population to save the world: green lobbyist The Age
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Australia should consider having a one-child policy to protect the planet, an environmental lobby group says.
Sustainable Population Australia says slashing the world’s population is the only way to avoid “environmental suicide”.
National president Sandra Kanck wants Australia’s population of almost 22 million reduced to seven million to tackle climate change.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)"
"Slash population to save the world: green lobbyist The Age
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Australia should consider having a one-child policy to protect the planet, an environmental lobby group says.
Sustainable Population Australia says slashing the world’s population is the only way to avoid “environmental suicide”.
National president Sandra Kanck wants Australia’s population of almost 22 million reduced to seven million to tackle climate change.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)"
CIA Ludicrously Claims Torture Prevented Debunked L.A. Terror Plot
CIA Ludicrously Claims Torture Prevented Debunked L.A. Terror Plot: "Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
As the controversy surrounding revelations of the Bush administration’s torture program builds, the CIA has attempted to diffuse the furore by claiming that the torture of Khalid Sheik Mohammed prevented a terror attack on an L.A. skyscraper, a completely ludicrous assertion since the credibility of the alleged “L.A. attack plot” was debunked by scores of intelligence professionals years ago.
“The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) — including the use of waterboarding — caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles,” reports CNS News.
This claim was made the day after after former Vice-President Dick Cheney urged the CIA to “put out the memos that show the success of the effort….reports that show specifically what we gained as a result of this activity.”"
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
As the controversy surrounding revelations of the Bush administration’s torture program builds, the CIA has attempted to diffuse the furore by claiming that the torture of Khalid Sheik Mohammed prevented a terror attack on an L.A. skyscraper, a completely ludicrous assertion since the credibility of the alleged “L.A. attack plot” was debunked by scores of intelligence professionals years ago.
“The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) — including the use of waterboarding — caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles,” reports CNS News.
This claim was made the day after after former Vice-President Dick Cheney urged the CIA to “put out the memos that show the success of the effort….reports that show specifically what we gained as a result of this activity.”"
EU nations eye prosecution of Bush officials
EU nations eye prosecution of Bush officials: "EU nations eye prosecution of Bush officials
Press TV
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
European officials and lawyers seek to criminalize former US officials over torture charges amid the reluctance of President Barack Obama.
A number of European authorities and human rights groups have expressed dissatisfaction with Obama’s failure to press charges against ex-CIA authorities who sanctioned or administered the so-called ‘enhanced interrogation methods’ to terror suspects, saying that they will make an effort to delve into the torture case under a “universal jurisdiction” code.
Civil rights campaigners say the legal code adopted by some EU countries, authorizes lawyers across the globe to file lawsuits against war criminals, perpetrators of genocides and other human rights offenses, regardless of their country of residence."
Press TV
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
European officials and lawyers seek to criminalize former US officials over torture charges amid the reluctance of President Barack Obama.
A number of European authorities and human rights groups have expressed dissatisfaction with Obama’s failure to press charges against ex-CIA authorities who sanctioned or administered the so-called ‘enhanced interrogation methods’ to terror suspects, saying that they will make an effort to delve into the torture case under a “universal jurisdiction” code.
Civil rights campaigners say the legal code adopted by some EU countries, authorizes lawyers across the globe to file lawsuits against war criminals, perpetrators of genocides and other human rights offenses, regardless of their country of residence."
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)